“Creating better places for people to live in, and better places for people to visit”
At Serena Hotel’s Gilgit-Baltistan Collection we believe that our business must deliver long term sustainable value not only to our shareholders but also to the local communities in which we operate. This means that, over and above running hotels and providing amazing guest experiences, we address the cultural, environmental, governance and social issues and opportunities within each of our local communities including our staff, guests and suppliers. Our Responsible Tourism philosophy has been inspired from His Highness, the Aga Khan’s vision of ‘holistic development’ where organizations play an essential role in the development and provision of social services – improving livelihoods, installing cultural pride and renewing traditional values of those around us. We take our responsibilities to our staff, the local communities, environment and our guests very seriously. We don’t claim to be experts at all and we realize we have a long way to go before we have achieved all of our objectives. For us this is a journey and we believe that the time has come when everyone who travels has a responsibility to make a difference by the way they act.
It is our objective to:
- Ensure that the local people benefit economically from tourism in the area
- Enhance the well being of people living within the local communities
- Promote and preserve the culture and heritage of our area
- Minimize the impact that we have on the natural environment
- Provide more enjoyable experiences for our guests through more meaningful connections with our local environment and local communities
We welcome you to be a part of our journey and value your feedback to assist us along the way.
To read about what each of our individual hotels are doing go to the Responsible Tourism page for each hotel.