Tourism can make a big difference to Pakistan if it occurs in a responsible and sustainable manner. At Gilgit Serena Hotel we are committed to operating responsibly and sustainably. This means that our entire business is accountable not only economically but also socially and environmentally.
We aim to minimize the negative impacts and maximize the positive impacts we have on our triple bottom line. In simpler terms this means that we aim to create a better place for people to live and a better place for people to visit.
We take our responsibilities to our staff, the local communities, environment and our guests very seriously. We don’t claim to be experts at all and we realize we have a long way to go before we have achieved all of our objectives. For us this is a journey and we believe that the time has come when everyone who travels has a responsibility to make a difference by the way they act.
It is our objective to:
- Ensure that the local people benefit economically from Gilgit Serena Hotel and from tourism in the area
- Enhance the well being of people living within the local communities around Gilgit Serena Hotel
- Promote and preserve the culture and heritage of our area
- Minimize the impact that we have on the natural environment
- Provide more enjoyable experiences for our guests through more meaningful connections with our local environment and local communities
We welcome you to be a part of our journey and value your feedback to assist us along the way.