If you wish to make Gilgit Serena Hotel your base, choose from a selection of fantastic day trips enabling you to explore the local area and beyond.
- Naltar Valley: Famous for its alpine meadows, yaks, ski resort & potatoes – the Naltar Valley is the perfect day trip offering a range of walks, picnics & many a photo opportunity. During the winter months skiing, snow shoeing and snow mobiling are also offered.
- Ghizer Valley to Khalti Lake: The Ghizer Valley & in particular its’ capital Gahkuch are considered the gateway to Central Asia. This day trip offers you rich history, incredible scenery, fantastic fishing and delicious trout! Visit Gupis Fort, Khalti Lake – a large natural lake formed after major flooding in 1980 and take a drive through the Yasin Valley or otherwise known as Warshigum by the locals.
- Trout Fishing in Phandar and the Ghizer Valley: For those guests who are keen fishermen we can arrange a day’s trout fishing. Phandar is a small village also known as little Kashmir and located in one of the most beautiful valleys in Gilgit-Baltistan. Prior notice is required for this trip so we can arrange fishing licenses for you.
- Ishkoman Valley: This incredible valley divides the Karakoram range from the Hindu Kush range. Be prepared for a full day’s drive with incredible scenery through this high mountain valley.
- Bagrote Valley: This fertile valley abundant with wheat, potatoes, apples, pears and apricots supplies Gilgit city with a lot of its vegetables and fruits. In the winter months the valley also supplies the city of Gilgit with ice directly from a Karakoram glacier.